Saturday, January 13, 2018

Isaiah's Daughter: A Book Review

I was so excited for the opportunity to review Isaiah's Daughter! Mesu Andrews did an incredible job with this book. I love historical fiction and the biblical theme of this book really intrigued me. We follow an orphaned girl, Ishma, as she grows up with Prince Hezekiah. She grows up, is adopted by Isaiah under the name Hephzibah, and marries her childhood friend, becoming queen. The overarching theme of this book is determining God's calling in your life. The topic was very relevant for me.

This book is fiction, of course, but It felt real. It was interesting to see the human side of people we hear so little about in the Bible. They stumble and ask questions that most of us wonder about too. The first person writing of Ishma's chapters were a little weird to me, but overall I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I will be recommending it to others and look forward to reading more of Mesu Andrew's books.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.



No comments: