Thursday, September 15, 2011

Festival is Coming

Dress #1, check!
The festival of trees is coming up quickly! Tree pick up time is in less than a week now. This year we are doing a Barbie doll theme. I am putting My holiday barbies on the tree, easy, and the other Barbies that I was going to donate are going to get handsewn, by me, gowns and join the tree as well. I have 1 of the gowns done already, shown. I am so happy with how it turned out. It is my first time sewing barbie clothes with a patern, on a sewing machine, and with satin. It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would and it turned out so cute. I really need to get sewing though and finish the res of them up. We still need to flesh out our idea though. We have not come up with a topper or garland idea yet. We aren't as on top of things this year as we were last year, but I think it will all come together in the end!

P.S. For those that are unfamilliar with the event, Festival of trees is a fundraiser for Hiawatha Homes, who provided homes and care for those with mental handicaps. We are donating everything that goes on our tree and the tree will be sold as part of the fundraiser. This event generally raises enough for them to run for the entire year!

No comments: