Thursday, March 08, 2012

Curriculum is In

Jayne's curriculum for the fall has all come in now. All I can say is WOW! I can't wait to get started and neither can Jayne. Adam is pretty excited about it too. I think kindergarten is going to be awesome. I had to share some pics from our unpacking ceremony, otherwise known as throwing paper everywhere then trying to organize it all...
These are the stacks from Sonlight. It is a literature based program which means tons of books and reading. I think it will work out great because Jayne loves reading as much as I do. I can't wait to dive into the books!

Jayne puts the piles of paper back into the boxes after all the books, ect. are removed. He is not smiling out of the thrill of learning though...it is because he is trying to avoid the camera! I got him anyway though and he was glad because he loves to look at the pictures afterward.

The All About Reading and Spelling cards had to be disassembled and put in boxes. I repourposed 2 baby wipe containers and taped the headers from the inventory sheet onto them so that I can easily know what is in each of them. Super easy and it saved me $20 on my curriculum bill since I did not buy the fancy schmancy boxes.

Jayne liked the paper most of all. Here he is playing in it like a pile of leaves. Why is all the paper back on the floor, you may ask...

Because it was time to turn the Sonlight box into a castle! This is the coolest packaging I think I have ever seen. The inside of the box has the instructions and is printed like a castle. It isn't something that they needed to do as a company and it certainly costs more for them to do it, but it is memorable and Jayne is having a blast playing with it. I am glad they made the decision to go the extra step on that one.

No comments: