Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Holiday Showcase: Childish Thoughts

What kinds of fabulous goodies to you carry?
I have all sorts of goodies for the kids.
Crayon rolls with matching totes, car rolls, crayon aprons, chef aprons, play mat, tool belts, chalk mats, most everything is great for on the go fun.

What inspires your work?
My kids inspire my work. If there is something my 6 year old wants he usually asks me to make it, if I enjoy making that item I add it to my shop. My 11 month old cant tell me much just yet but I am sure once she gets those words out she will be telling me all sorts of things she wants.

Why is handmade important to you?
I just love handmade, doesnt matter what it is. It has its benefits though, great time for me and my kids to bond, my children help me sew, be it they help me pin the fabric together or help get the sewing machine going.

Share a handmade gift that anyone can do!
handmade wrapping paper / gift wrap
and its easy to do, environmentally friendly and fun too.

here is what you do
Lay a square of fabric flat on a surface in a diamond shape.

Set the gift you intend to wrap in the center of the fabric.

Grab the right hand corner of your diamond. Bring it over the center.

Pull the left hand corner of your diamond over the center of your gift. Tie the corners together in a standard square knot.

Grab the top corner of your diamond and bring it over to the center of the gift

Grab the bottom corner of your diamond. Bring it to the center of your gift. Tie the corners together in a standard square knot.

Lastly, where can we find you?
http://www.childishthoughts.etsy.com/




No comments: