Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Epic Grace: a Book Review

Epic Grace: Chronicles of a Recovering Idiot, I simply love the title. Kurt Bubna has a fantastically conversational writing style. Reading this book is almost like having a chat with him, a one sided chat, but a chat nonetheless.

I related so well with this book. We all make so many mistakes in our lives and it is nice to see that someone else is right there in my shoes. One part that touched me the most is the story of how he became a pastor. He didn't think he would ever be a pastor and never wanted to be. Yet, God called him to be a pastor, and now he is. I certainly never thought I would be a missionary. It was not even on my radar. Now here we are preparing our family to leave the country on mission. It is simply amazing to see where God guides your life and how He uses your mistakes. Thank the Lord that His grace is abounding because I don't know what I would ever do if it wasn't.

This is a lovely, touching book. The cover is beautiful and very soft to touch. I definitely recommend reading it.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2nzOhRtsvA        

Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book to review. 

No comments: