Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday Showcase: LaLaDangerous

What kinds of fabulous goodies to you carry?
I carry Ornaments for any Occasion! Wedding, Anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter! Having a baby? I have an Ornament or gift for you!!
What inspires your work?
Every Christmas, on the day we decorated the tree, my mother would present us children with a special ornament just for us for that year. I looked forward to this time every year. This was the first ornament(aside from the bulbs of course) to go on the tree. She did this every year until the year came when we moved out of the house. All of our ornaments were packed away to take with us into our own separate homes to decorate our tree. I still have them all. I'd like to bring that same love, thoughtfulness and tradition to each and every home with a One of a Kind ornament for your special someone. This is what inspires me to make my little works of art!!
Why is handmade important to you?Handmade is important to me because first and foremost I know I'm supporting someone with my purchase. I am helping someone out. Lending a hand. Secondly I know that item I purchase is made with love and will be a quality item I can cherish for years to come. Anyone can purchase a cheap toy or item of clothing from a big box store, but where does it come from? Who made it? Will it last? Do they even care? These questions are important to me and when I buy something handmade I know the answers!
Share a handmade gift that anyone can do!Peanut Butter Birdseed Balls!!
1/2 pound ground beef suet
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups cornmeal
Decorative cord
Wild birdseed, hulled or unhulled, sunflower seeds,
barberries or dried red and blue corn kernels(really anything a bird will love!)

In a large saucepan over low heat, melt suet, stirring occasionally. Strain rendered suet into large bowl, discarding crisp particles. Blend in peanut butter and cornmeal to make stiff dough. Chill mixture 30 minutes, until easily shaped with hands.
Meanwhile, cut about eight to twelve 14-inch lengths of cord. Tie ends of each together in knot, making loops. Mold balls around knot on each loop, so that knot is in center. Pour one, or a combination, of suggested seeds into pie plate. Roll balls in seeds to coat thoroughly. Refrigerate at least one hour, until firm! Hang out for your birdies to enjoy!

Where can we find you?
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LalaDangerous

Lastly, is there anything else you would like to share about you or your shop?
I do custom orders and special requests. If you don't see a color you like, or style or really any requests at all, Don't hesitate to ask! I am more than willing to try to realize your vision for the perfect decoration!

Well, this concludes the holiday showcase series for the year! Thank you for joining me in checking out some fantastic handmade shops. I hope you got some great gift ideas and spent some time checking out all the goodies from everyone. If you want to revisit any of the showcases they are all listed in the holiday showcase are listed in the tab at the top.

No comments: